Tuesday, July 27, 2010

July 27, 2010- Luddite

I'm swimming around a little lost, since my computer has fallen ill and has been in the shop for nearly a week.

It started with USB ports that started failing, then the SD card wouldn't work and now it seems there's something wrong with the Motherboard (whatever that is). At one point yesterday, I was receiving advice from the technician about what to look for in a new computer.

He was going to try a few more things (he said it had now become a challenge...), but it didn't look good. At the end of the day, however, it turned out reports of my computer's death were greatly exaggerated. Well, perhaps not greatly exaggerated, more like a titch premature.
So, I'm bringing it home today, carefully.

I'm really looking forward to paying my bills, finding out what my friends are up to in the afternoons reading international newspapers, and winning arguments with the random facts I find myself looking up. Everything's true on the Internet, isn't it? My sweetie is hoping to resume empire building on the game he plays.

I'll have lots of time to surf, too, since my laundry's done, the floors are clean, the weeds pulled and the lawn mowed. Where did all that time come from?

In case you're confused, I'm writing this at work, where the computers are still working, most of the time anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.