Thursday, August 22, 2013

Questioning the Fan

OK, so let me get this straight:

The Toronto Maple Leafs have not won their league for 47 years, and yet they are the most profitable team in the NHL.

They also have the most expensive tickets.

This week, the Leafs increased their prices for this year's games and introduced tiered pricing whereby tickets to 'desirable' games will be even pricier. You will pay extra for say, the Canadiens, or Pittsburgh.

The Toronto Maple Leafs did not make the playoffs in the 10 years prior to 2013.
They fell spectacularly apart in game 7 of the first series this winter, blowing a several-goal lead in the final few minutes of the game.

So, Leafs fans, tell me this, and I mean no disrespect; I am genuinely curious: Why on earth are you fans of this team? Can you explain your loyalty? Because I just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.