Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Nominated, Running, and Questions

I found 25 people who think it's a good idea for me to run for council, filled out the necessary paperwork and handed over my hundred bucks, and so, I'm in the race to be on the next town council in Collingwood!

Thanks so much to all of you who have said you support me!

The decision to run was difficult since it puts me in a new and uncomfortable space. I've spent my adult life asking for answers but not much else. Now, I will need to ask about 3500 voters to agree that I can be of service to you and to our town.

While I was talking to people about whether to run, I also heard quite a few stories and opinions, and my appetite is whetted for more. If I'm going to help out, I'll start by going to a familiar place: asking questions.

Now, a good interviewer doesn't ask a question unless they know about 60% of the answer, and I have a whole basket of my own thoughts, otherwise, I wouldn't be running! But, this isn't about me; it's about what is in our collective best interest. So, when you have a minute or two, drop a comment below, or, if you would rather vent privately, send a note to mariane.mcleod@gmail.com

What do you think are the biggest issues facing us right now? What would you like to see happen at town hall in the next few years?

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.