Monday, August 22, 2022

Why I'm Running for Mayor

Why AM I doing this? 

The morning I filed
It's a question I get a lot, and the question comes from a lot of different perspectives. 

At the core of it, I'm running because I think I can be of service, making sure the decisions that affect you are good decisions; honest and fact-based and made in the best interest of the most people. 

I have learned the job, watched how things get done and figured out what might be better if done differently. And I've been leading. I've Chaired meetings and asked questions and absorbed the lessons.

Sure, it would be great to say, 'I'm gonna get you that thing you want!'

What happens, though, when what -you- want contradicts what -someone else- wants? 

Some people want a recreation facility, but some people want an arts centre, and some people want their taxes lowered, but some people want more housing and some people want to keep the town small. 

Can we have all the things? All at once? Well, we can have a conversation about it, figure out our priorities, and get down to work. 

It would be an honour to serve, and my promise is that we can move forward, together

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.