Friday, September 14, 2012

Dressing for the Occasion

It was nine years ago this week my sweetie and I did what we should have done in the first place, way back when we were... young. We got married and started what has been quite a happy life together.

Of course there have been a few of 'those' days. You know the ones. But on your anniversary, you don't dwell on the days your spouse is lucky to have lived through the night.

We generally go to the same restaurant for a very expensive and very delicious dinner to celebrate our anniversary. We went there on a memorable night in 1990, and the restaurant is still going strong with excellent food and perfect service. Some years, there has been entertainment.

We plan to be the entertainment tonight, since we've decided to wear our wedding outfits to the eatery.

Sweetie wore a kilt to our wedding and he's donned it often in the nine years since, so it's not unusual to see him in it, but my wedding dress has been languishing in a closet since the big day. I put it on periodically to be sure it still fits.

It does, and it's going out on the town tonight, including the wee footprint left by my nephew who was a teeny tiny baby on our wedding day. Whether our fellow diners will think we're cute or pathetic, I really don't care.

I'm just glad to have had these 3,288 nights. I'd like about a million more.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary !!! Will photos be forthcoming to mycollingwood.ca and/or The Beach websites?

    ReplyDelete

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.