Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pop Culture Oddity

OK, this is starting to get weird.

I've been spending my 'lunch hour' lately re-watching the TV series, Sex and the City and there seems to be some sort of strange pop culture confluence going on. It's freaking me out.

Last week, as Big moved to Napa and danced to Moon River with Carrie in a touching farewell, Andy Williams passed away. Later that week, Moon River was basically the theme song of the new episode of Glee.

Yesterday, during the hullabaloo over the anti-bullying rant by a news anchor in Wisconsin, I discover Jennifer Livingston is the real-life sister of the actor who plays Carrie's love interest in seasons five and six. Just yesterday, I watched the episode where they meet! About six episodes from now, Burger is going to dump Carrie on a post-it note.

Hey, maybe that's what Livingston should have written to the email writer complaining about her weight: "I'm sorry. I can't. Don't hate me."

Now, I'm just waiting to find out if there will be some drama next week involving Mikhail Baryshnikov. I'm about to get to the episodes where his character, a strange and obsessive Russian artist, becomes Carrie's 'LOVAH'. Gee, I hope if something does happen to him, it's something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.