Friday, March 8, 2013

Critical Masses

If I tell you a story and you tell it to a friend, and that friend tells several other people, some of whom know me and eventually, someone tells me the very same story that I told you, does that make it news?

Does it make it true?

Maybe not, but it doesn't necessarily make it untrue, either.

How many times do you have to hear the same story for you to believe it? Are there some stories you will never believe?

I'm sure some educator out there can tell me how many times a teacher has to drill something into a kid's head before they learn it.

How many times do you have to hear the same story of something-something going on in your neighbour's home before you believe it?

I bet whether you believe has to do with your relationship with the neighbour.

All this speculation comes from this, the CBC's report on allegations of possible shenanigans at town hall.

I've been hearing stories for years. What have you heard, and what do you believe?

2 comments:

  1. I believe I can fly

    I believe in miracles

    I believe in Crystal light

    I believe the stories are true

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO MANY PEOPLE KNEW the Deputy Mayor couldn't be trusted before he was elected. It's a little late to be complaining now.

    A few people are saying that Sandra Cooper doesn't know any better. Get real people! She's been on council for many years! She is not as stupid as she pretends to be.

    She distracts people over and over with
    "We're wonderful"
    "We're doing a great job"
    "We're the best council ever"

    That is what people hear, and that is what they presume to be true.

    ReplyDelete

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.