Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Own Book of Awesome

I recently got some news that I didn't much like. It has thrown me for a bit of a loop. (I don't feel badly, though: don't get me started on the old bad versus badly debate- it's sure to end badly!)

Instead of wallowing in a blue funk, I'm trying to focus on things that make me happy, even if sometimes, I feel like I'm grasping at teeny tiny straws for something nice to contemplate.

Here are the five things that made me feel better this week:

Monday: Jamie Oliver's Southern Indian fish and rice soup. wow wow wow!
Tuesday: Finding five bucks in the pocket of a coat I hadn't worn since spring- morning coffee for my co-host and me!
Wednesday: My piano students actually practised!
Also Wednesday: I got to see a wee bunny scurry across my driveway and under my neighbour's deck; a cute, fuzzy white-tailed brown juvenile. I hope to see it again.
Today: I already own all the ingredients for a delicious dinner tonight, so I don't have to go to the store.

Small steps people, small steps.

1 comment:

  1. Great advice. One the eve of my new status of "unemployed" ... a new first for me, I learned someone close to me has Cancer ( for the second time ). Like brakes screeching the pity party ended and I realized 1. I am healthy and generally always have been 2. I am surrounded by people who love me namely my girls and a woman who I miss immediately when she leaves my sight ( thank goodness for texting ) 3. I have a roof, food, friends and all of the things Mazlow wanted for all of us 4. I love my life and where it is headed albeit for one employment setback....and if 5. can be a new fresh start and exciting change....I'll accept that. Someone always has it tougher than you and perspective in life will iron out the bumps. It's just a bump.

    ReplyDelete

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.