Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Junk Mail Junk Male?

I'm happy to say no one has ever sent me a lewd photo, digitally or otherwise. I'm not sad about this and believe me, I'm not soliciting your photos.

But I just can't stop thinking about (and giggling about) the unfortunately named US congress member who sent pictures of his underpants to women he'd met through text messages, on Twitter and on facebook. The guy's name is Weiner, for heavensake! Seriously. You couldn't make this stuff up.

Weiner (insert chortle here) refuses to resign amid the scandal, proudly claiming he didn't actually have affairs with these women, at least not any real, physical contact. Apparently he got married to a very accomplished woman during the same time frame that he was sending these missives, an aide who works for Hillary Clinton, and the wife is now pregnant.

I'm completely gobsmacked by the whole thing. Why on earth would anyone imagine that sending photos of your privates would get you anywhere?
Have these social networking sites changed us so much that this is now considered courting?

Flowers, buddy. Jewellery. Never, never never a picture of your package. I don't need to know if you're left handed until we're better acquainted, and we can discuss your religion at dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.