Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Humbug!

It's not even November and I'm already sick of Christmas.

How is this possible?
It's the pressure from my inner Martha Stewart, who wants things to be rosy and beautiful and perfect and fabulous.

Hence the re-decorating, which of course, must be done before Christmas.

Hence my high level of annoyance when one of my recently-single in laws decides that for the first time ever, that side of the family needs to have Christmas dinner on Christmas night, in spite of eight years of my hosting my family on Christmas night since no one on that side was available.

Hence my high level of annoyance when the first-ever office Christmas party is announced last week, set for a date I've already invited my friends to for my at-home gathering.

Hence my snapping at Sweetheart when he innocently asked, "We're not getting each other gifts this year, are we?" Sorry, dear. Of course you deserve a gift, and I'll be extra careful wrapping that lump of coal before I heap it on your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.