Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Saved by the Lists

I've been swimming about in a bit of a daze for a few days, wondering, "What do I do next?" I have now run the race I've been training all summer for, I hit my weight loss goal a few days later, and I finished reading my five Canadian novels in time for Georgian Bay Reads two weekends ago. As of this week, I finished updating my files and scrapbooks, sorting through two years' worth of detritus and photos.

Now what? After having a long list of goals for nearly a year, I'm at a loss.

So, this week, I started a new list, and this afternoon, the first few tentative strokes of paint went onto the faded and yellowing paint on my kitchen ceiling. The speed my projects take shape, I'll have a freshened-up place to cook just in time to start Christmas dinner. The big question is, should I do the walls in one of the three shades of yellow I already have in my house? Should I pick a new yellow? Maybe I'll go slightly mad and choose blue or green.

After the kitchen walls, I'll start a baby quilt for my expectant neice. And then? Well, by then, I'll have to start running again to get ready for next year's races, won't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.