Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February 2, 2010- Holding My Tongue

I tend to get myself into a bit of trouble sometimes for the words that fly out of my mouth without any pretence of a thought between their formation and their delivery.

I like to call it a tendency toward frankness. Others call it a troubling lack of tact.

An old flame of mine once bemoaned this trait and I told him, "If only you knew the things I do manage to avoid saying, you'd be so proud of me!" Upon further reflection, I might have rather too many nasty opinions to be allowed into polite society. But come on, you know you also think harsh things periodically, even the sweetest and nicest among you.

Here are two things that popped into my head this week that I did manage (admittedly with some difficulty) to censor:

"Wow, you've really put on weight since the last time I saw you," and

"Please stop giving parenting advice; I've met your kids."

I'm frank, but not stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.