Monday, February 22, 2010

February 22, 2010 Hockey Heartbreak

I didn't watch the second or third periods of the Canada/US men's hockey embarrassment. Not only was it past my bedtime, I knew what was coming, and it wasn't pretty.

I boycott the Leafs over their general terribleness (no cup in my whole life!!!) and the team's behaviour during the expansion to Hamilton discussions this summer, but I was so looking forward to the Olympic tournament in Vancouver. Even so, my 'spidey senses' have been telling me things weren't going to go well in the big game against the US. Consider it karma, schadenfreude or whatever the latest trendy term is for payback from the universe when you're a big loud obnoxious moron due for a comeuppance - which we Canadians have become when it comes to hockey.

Every pre-game newscast featured red-shirted men, women and kids shouting about Canadian hockey supremacy. Bars right across the country were filled with drunken red-shirted men women and kids screaming about Canadian hockey supremacy. Add the commercials about 'this is our game they're playing' and oh, were we due for a big helping of whupa$$ served with a side order of shutupalready.

And as for you, Martin Brodeur: get in your net and stay there, and stop showing off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.