Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 28, 2010- I said I wouldn't talk politics

But I can't hold back on this one. This patio thing is stupid.

Sorry to my friends on the BIA; I like you, I really do, but this business of forcing patios to move to the curb is just plain dumb. Dumb, anti-business and not friendly at all to a downtown that appears to me to be struggling very hard.

If I were a restaurateur, I'd threaten to take my patio down, too, rather than be forced to move it.

I'd also have a wee word with councillors Foley, Jeffery, Labelle, McNabb and Sandberg and I would be sure to ask anyone who wants my vote in October where they stand on the issue.

I've just spoken with Sean Cripps at Duncan's, and his patio will be gone Monday morning. He says as far as he knows, every other patio is going to be taken down by the July 5th deadline, too.

The vote to move the patios is sure good news for the restaurants on first street and in the west end, though.

As for me, who tries to spend my money downtown whenever possible, it's looking like my backyard patio will be the only one I frequent. Sorry for the noise, neighbours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.