Friday, December 24, 2010

Done and done

Finally done.

You ready? I was born ready.

Ready for a nap, that is.

Why do so many of do this to ourselves? Every January, I make a promise to myself that next year will be different. I vow Christmas will be simple, elegant, restrained and nice, that I will not run myself ragged and will cut down on the sheer volume of gatherings. I promise myself not to overspend, overindulge, work myself into a frenzy or build up my expectations so high they can never be reached. And every year, I find myself overspending, hungover, tired, cranky and disappointed in my less-than-elegant trimmings and family get-togethers.

So, after (yet another) meltdown of complaints and criticisms, I apologise to those who heard them.
And I vow -honest this time- next year will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.