Friday, December 30, 2011

The Year that Was

I'm not sorry to see the end of 2011 and I bet you're not, either.

This has been a tough year, from natural disasters like the tsunami in Japan,to man-made ones, like the ongoing financial tsunami that continues to rock the world.

For me, it's been a year of growth and setbacks. In the growth department, I found out I could run, not fast or gracefully, but long enough to, as my brother puts it, "take a layer off" and reveal a healthier, stronger body and I like to think, a calmer mind. But in the setback area, I again repeated a distressing long-term pattern in my social life, getting a bruised heart from a friend who has turned out not to be a friend after all. Mostly, I am disappointed in myself for not seeing the tell-tale signs a whole lot sooner. It's that "fool me once" thing which is so embarrassing.

I've learned a lot in 2011 and I remain grateful that I get to do what I love for a living. I'm also grateful that I remain healthy and well-loved. Now, if only I can figure out a way to avoid repeating this year's mistakes...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.