Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Untimely

This is a strange time of year for me, and this year, particularly so.

The end of the curling season usually arrives exactly when I need it to, when I'm ready to hit the trails and start working on my gardens. But this year, it feels like curling should have been over weeks ago, and also isn't quite over yet.
My team won this year's club championship, (yeah, us!) but that means we are going to a bonspiel in October, and so it sort of feels like the season hasn't ended, even though as of this week, I have three afternoons and evenings each week that need filling.

Usually the week after curling ends means I'm rooting through my summer clothes and sheets, but since we had summer for two weeks, three weeks ago, that job is already done.

Adding to my 'discombobulation' is that I'm taking my 'winter' vacation next week, jetting off to Mexico with three girlfriends for rest relaxation and recreation. But with spring firmly here and summer two weeks ago, it seems odd to be going away for a sunshine holiday.

Here's hoping when I get back, the time will have sorted itself out.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Marianne
    Congratulations on winning the Team Trophy this year. Good luck at the Dominion. You'll have a blast. All the best, Debbie O'Reilly

    ReplyDelete

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.