Monday, June 25, 2012

Batty for Bunnies

There's a new critter living in my backyard today, but it doesn't move much.

I fell in love with a wee statue of a bunnyrabbit at a store I was in this weekend, and just couldn't go home without it. Now, it's not me who's obsessed with bunnies; it's my sweetheart, and it appears we're not alone.

I've been talking with a whole subset of people who slow down on Hume street near the hotel and dentist office, looking for the rabbits who have colonized the area. It's a regular Watership Down over there. Sweetie says he knows it's going to be a good day if he happens to see a bunny as he drives by.

But we must be drawing some of the luck our way, because our yard has now been colonized, too. There's a wee white tailed sweetie living among the dying poppy plants. I know it has a white tail because that's all I've ever seen of it as it scampers away.

I figured, since we're so enamoured of them, why not have a permanent bunny in amongst the plant life? I snuck the wee statue into the flowers and waited to see how long it would take Sweetie or the dog to find it.

Turns out, only about two shakes of a rabbit's tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.