Friday, June 1, 2012

Product Review: The Pipe

It was well worth the wait for my fabulous new little device, although I do feel a bit guilty for shopping online instead of locally.

But when the perfect item is simply unavailable this side of the border, much less in town, what's a gal to do?

The Skullcandy Pipe is a battery operated speaker set for iProducts like the iPod or iPhone. I've been looking for something like it for a while, but have had no luck at the stores around here. I sort of thought what I wanted didn't really exist until my friend brought hers along to our vacation in Mexico. I fell madly in love with it, but she flatly refused to let me play any Handel or Grammar Girl on it by the beach, so when I got home, I thought I'd look for my own.

After quite an online search, I finally found the same model in a different colour at an outdoor outfitter in Utah. Happily, it was on sale! While the shipping nearly doubled the price, it was still only 80 bucks and as a bonus, I got a few days of entertainment as I tracked its progress across the border and then across the country. Yesterday, the UPS man dropped it in my front porch. Maybe you heard squeal with delight.

It's just as great as I remember from the beach. About the size of a relay baton, there a wee indent in the middle for docking your iWhatever, and it puts out just enough sound to fill the area under a beach umbrella or to surround a backyard hammock or lounger.

With a hot summer on the way, you'll find me sans earbuds, drinking in my food podcasts from KTLA and Grammar Girl and frankly, anything else I want. Including Handel, and maybe even some bluegrass gospel. But no 80s allowed, no sirreee, not on my pipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.