Thursday, November 8, 2012

They can Keep it

Don't get me wrong- I'm a big fan of snow.

Is there anything better in this world than a big fat flakes drifting quietly down on a crystal clear night as you pull your touque down a little tighter on the way home from a friend's house on Christmas Eve? I think not.

But I'm not ready. Not yet.

I've been busy doing pretty much anything but getting the yard ready for its big sleep.

Oh, I own the bags for the leaves and I own a rake, and I certainly have my fair share of leaves, but no matter how many times I look at the leaves and wonder where I put the rake and ponder the pile of bags, they can't seem to get together.
I know the hoses need to be coiled and the outdoor furnitue needs to go into the shed, and the flat tire on the snowblower needs to be inflated and the potted plants need to come into the house. I know the dahlia bulbs need to be dug up and the tulip bulbs need to be dug in, but I just can't seem to find the time.

I'm curling, teaching piano lessons, getting my hair done and sitting on my tush reading facebook.

So, I've decided. The snow will simply have to wait this year.

I will allow some on Christmas Eve, but the folks up at Blue Mountain will just have to make their own.

So far, it's working, and we have a 14 degree day on the way for the weekend.

But with a foot of snow on the ground in Edmonton, I may have to reassess my powers of persuasion with Mother Nature.

Just not yet, please, I'm not ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.