Tuesday, January 29, 2013

One Handed Typist

Because I'm holding tight to the desk with the other one!

A weird thing developed Saturday evening, and it's been plaguing me ever since. If you've had vertigo in any of its incarnations, my condolences; if you haven't, count your blessings.

I will likely have to repaint my walls this spring because they are marked up from my hands holding desperately to them whenever I walk around. I'm dizzy and lightheaded and the world stops spinning only when I sit very, very still. I seriously was holding on to the desk at work yesterday when I wasn't on air.

Sunday morning, the dizzyness made me nauseated and I lost my breakfast. During a church service. One of the congregants asked afterwards if I had some good news to share. I told him there was plenty of "good news" in the gospels, thank you very much. Well, I would have said that if I'd thought of it at the time, but my witty repartee has departed along with my balance.

My GP has given me a diagnosis, but sadly, there's no treatment save for sitting still when possible for the next 7-14 days. I am proud to say I have now caught up on all the TED talks and Mad Men episodes on Netflix.

As for exercise, I shuffle around the house like an old man in a nursing home, so I suspect I will provide plenty of comic relief to my fellow runners in the next while.

Oh, well, if you can't be witty, you might as well be funny!


No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.