Monday, May 31, 2010

May 31, 2010- The Long and Short of It

I never thought the day would come when my skirts were too long. I've listened to my mother complain about the brevity of my skirts for most of my life.

But there I was in a wee sundress Saturday night, at the 'buck n doe' for one of my nieces, my well-above-the-knee skirt about a foot longer than the skirts and shorts worn by her girlfriends and bridesmaids. I was actually a little bit nervous in case the girls started dancing, moved too much and revealed more than they intended. However, perhaps the possibility of letting it all hang out was their point. After all, their contemporaries and fashion guideposts are Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton et al. and while they may not be able to point out Brazil on a map, they certainly know how to ask for a Brazilian.

Killer shoes, though. The girls at this shindig were evenly split between sparkly flip-flops and awesomely high gladiator pumps of every color. I noticed that even as skirt lengths go up and down, there are some fashion tips that hold true now, just like they did in the 90s. Here's one: white pumps look like canoes on your feet, even if you're a size three. Add a hidden platform and make the white patent, and you've got yourself a war canoe there, sister!
But again, maybe that was the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.