Saturday, May 8, 2010

May 8, 2010- Where the bunnies might be...

I think I might have a clue today to where the Missing Bunnies of Hume Street might be.

As I walked the beloved pooch the other day on the rail-side trail north of Collins street, a fellow dog-walker was still and staring up to the pine trees to the west of the tracks. She had found the Great Horned Owl family that has taken up residence in the area! I have been hearing rumours from the outdoors-minded around here of a developing rookery, but I had seen no evidence, in spite of clear instructions: "On the back of Sproule, just up the trail!"

But there they were, two of 'em and I realize now there's a reason they're named the Great Horned Owl, rather than the decent horned owls, mediocre horned owls or reasonable horned owls; they're enormous.

They don't move much, either, or didn't while I was there, staring. Although I'm pretty sure I got a whiff of bunny when I saw one burp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.