Thursday, November 25, 2010

Ms Bean Lives at My House

My own private Mister Bean moment tonight after hitting the magic number on my scale in this fall's Hunting Weight Challenge:

I simply could not wait to try on my wedding dress after losing the pounds I thought necessary to squeeze back into it, seven years after The Big Day.

It was a very fitted dress with a lot of boning and support built-in, so there was no need for me to wear anything under it that day, and there I was yesterday, quite chilly, desperately yanking on a zipper that did not want to pass my waist.

Complicating matters is the fact that I'm alone and the zipper is up the back of the dress.

So, I turned it around, and after several frustrating moments of battle, I managed it! Seven years later, I can still get into the dress! Woo Hoo! I win!

But would that blasted thing spin back around my oh-so-squeezed ribcage to sit where it's supposed to? No, indeed.

Breathless and frustrated and yet still somehow elated, I spent several difficult minutes heaving and wiggling and struggling until I caught a glimpse of myself in the spare room mirror, red-faced and awkward, with twin boned bulges that are supposed to be at the front of the dress, teasing me from the back. Boy, am I glad I don't have security cameras.

1 comment:

  1. I bet there are many men also wishing they could get something on from their wedding night too. We've missed a youtube moment for sure. oh well.

    ReplyDelete

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.