Monday, November 8, 2010

Undefeated

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be sorry I wrote this, since acknowledging a winning streak is a sure way to end it.

It's been a good season so far on the curling rink.

I'm ooooh, I'm worried to tell you this.... undefeated. (Unless you count a game in which I played for a team which wasn't my own. Which I don't.)

I'm giving the credit to my shoes. After being teased unmercifully the last several years for my footwear (what? winners isn't good enough for you?), I finally caved this summer and bought actual curling shoes, with a gripper and a built-in slider and everything. They're... well, they're just awesome, and like the proper pants I invested in last year, they have made a big difference to my game, insofar as I can concentrate on my shots rather than having to keep track of where my slider might be and rather than sitting down to install it after every end.

Please don't congratulate me on the five-game streak, though... I don't want to jinx it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.