Friday, April 8, 2011

A little tube of hope

What is it about a new lipstick that inspires us so much? I probably have about ninety of the things lost in various drawers, pockets and purses scattered throughout my life. My husband says about sixty of them are the exact same colour which I swear they are not. (Well, maybe some of them. What are you going to do on 'bonus days' at Clinique?)

Canadian women buy about $115 million worth of lipstick each year. It's the most-often purchased item in our cosmetic bags.

Of course, the reason is the huge difference it makes to our faces! More than any other product, a quick sweep of colour on the lips is the fastest and most effective pick me up you can get for your mug.

The thing is, I buy lipstick, but I almost never remember to put it on!

But not this time. The one I picked up yesterday is different. Its name, African Sunset. It's smoother and creamier than most, with lots of gloss built in, soft and sheer but still with a substantial amount of colour. Oooh, I love it. I'm wearing it right now.

I hope my lunch date appreciates it as much as I do. Here's hoping I remember to wear it.

And I swear it's nowhere near the same damn colour as all those others...

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.