Saturday, July 16, 2011

Concert Review: Hugh Jackman

I have come to believe Hugh Jackman is practically perfect in every way. At his sold-out show at the Princess of Wales theatre last night, he was alternately funny, sweet, sincere, quick, generous and absolutely on key with his big beautiful tenor/baritone. He knocked the socks off the entire audience. While I truly doubt anyone in that theatre arrived expecting to be less than thrilled, judging from the several standing ovations, i think no one was disappointed, either.

What I saw, from my 12th row vantage point, was an entertainer at the height of his considerable powers, but with a humility about him that is even more attractive than his very handsome face. I got the sense that he's acutely aware of his good fortune and eager to make the most of every minute of it. It's a rare thing to see someone so self assured who doesn't leave me wondering if they're not a bit of a jerk off stage. No question of that with Jackman; I want to be his buddy as well as his audience. Further, it was patently obvious that in addition to being massively talented, he was having a marvelous time up there.

It was tremendous and I feel lucky to have seen him for myself.

Many, many thanks to my lovely friends who made it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.