Monday, May 7, 2012

A hit and a miss

As soon as I'm off the air this morning, I'm headed to Toronto to pick up my sweetheart following his sunshine getaway with one of his buddies.

Sweetie once joked that he was such a good friend to this guy, he would gladly go to Cuba to pick up rum and cigars for him. They're coming home likely loaded down with both.

I expect to make a bit of a fool of myself when I first see him, with a big goofy grin and a schoolgirl giggle, just like I used to do back in the 80s, when we first started dating.

I really did enjoy having a week with the house all to myself. I watched what I wanted, listened to what I wanted and read late into the night.

And while our house isn't all that big, it seemed very big and very creaky when it was just the doggie and me. She heard some interesting stories, and happily, I am sure she's not going to tell on me.

I just hope the dog can make room for Sweetie in our bed tonight. She's gotten very used to having three-quarters of the matress and most of the covers all to herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.