Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Who's on Your List?

So, Michelle Pfeiffer's "list" has Johnny Depp on it. Who'd have thought one of the most beautiful women on the planet would even have "a list", but yet, Pfeiffer told Ellen Degeneres yesterday that Depp is on her bucket list, and not in a working way. To his credit, Depp blushed a little.

I do love the concept of "the list". To refresh your memory, on an iconic episode of the TV show, Friends, each of the friends made a list of celebrities they were allowed to have an affair with, with no repercussions from their partner. Ross put Isabella Rosellini on his list and then to his chagrin, Rosellini walked into his coffee shop, whereupon he said to her, "I get to sleep with you!", only to present her with the list, which she pointed out, was laminated and absent her name. He remembered too late he had removed her, figuring the chances of meeting her were just too slim.

Obviously, the chances of any of us meeting any of the celebrities our lists are pretty small. Furthermore, it's not like the celebrity in question is required to be wooed by us mere mortals. It's all a silly fantasy, a parlour game, and the names we might put on our list might reveal more about ourselves than anything else since having never met them, we can't truly know whether we might want to have a wee fling with the celebrities we've chosen.

My list is especially troublesome since Pierre Trudeau has been unavailable for more than ten years, and I suspect I won't run into either Donald or Kiefer Sutherland any time soon.

Hey, it's complete and utter nonsense: why not have fun with it? It's not like there are rules or anything about the person being, well, alive. My chances of having an affair with Keifer Sutherland are actually about equal to that of my spending a torrid night with Pierre Trudeau.

And, while I am intrigued by Johnny Depp, I'm wavering on him because I suspect he might be a bit of a weirdo between the sheets; I get a strange vibe from his interviews.

Maybe I can ask Michelle Pfeiffer.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle Pfeiffer's on my "list"! She's like a fine wine...only gets better with age! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be able to help you meet Keifer. The rest is up to you!

    ReplyDelete

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.