Friday, August 13, 2010

August 13, 2010- Pizza Friday

I'm a little afraid of publishing today's thoughts. I'm worried if I'm too enthusiastic in my praise, you might rush to my favourite pizza joint and in future, I'll have to wait in long lines for my weekly treat.

But....I like it so much, I just have to share.

Each Friday, my sweetheart and I get our supper from Mountain Shores Pizza; it's a small place in the fourth block of Collingwood's main street, and man, is it ever good!

Seriously, it's the best pizza in town, and we know because we did our own little non-scientific test over the course of several months. Starting last October, Sweetie and I ordered pizza from every chain, franchise and corner shop in Collingwood, after we decided Friday night at our house would be Pizza night in perpetuity. We even tried the frozen kind from the box, and once in a while, I made pizza from scratch.

Mountain Shores won, hands-down: the mushrooms are fresh, the peppers are fresh, the cheese is plentiful, the sausage just spicy enough and the sauce is unique and delicious and the whole thing is just... awesome.

It makes Friday my favourite night of the week. Not just because of the treat, but because I don't have to wonder what we're having for dinner that night.

Now, if only we could come up with a such a brilliant and tasty plan for every other night...Sushi Tuesday, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to pizza tonight. What wine goes well with pizza ( or would it even matter ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don’t we all just love pizza? And much, much more if they’re topped with fresh ingredients. I know a pizza place where they get seasonal vegetable toppings straight from the owners’ garden(now that’s fresh!). They also offer ‘eccentric’ options such as andouille sausage, Danish Fontina, and spiced pork shoulder.

    ReplyDelete

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.