Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August 25, 2010 - Hunting Weight

I think there might be a bit of a misnomer in the club I've recently joined. I am happily married and not 'on the hunt' at all. If I manage to get to what we're calling, 'hunting weight', it will only be because I have worked hard and been strong, not because I have an agenda. (I just want to be clear on that, honey!)

At my 'girls cottage weekend' recently, as it rained and rained and rained, a girlfriend and I got talking about our respective disappointment in our growing...shall we say, assets.
She laughed at the phrase, but then, at the end of the weekend, proposed she and I create our own little mission called the Hunting Weight Club. Together, we're going to inspire and push and monitor each other as we try to reach our respective goals.

We're still working out the details, but there could well be some sort of race or something fitness-y built into it at the end. For now, we're setting weekly goals for exercise and keeping journals of our food intake.

For me, the goal is to fit back into my wedding dress, which I was very disappointed not to be able to zip up on my first anniversary, several years ago. It's in the spare room closet and I feel as though it looks at me reproachfully every time I go in there to get clean sheets. I want to be able to put it on again by Christmas. If I make it, I might even wear the darn thing to Christmas Eve dinner! Why not?

3 comments:

  1. is this a female exclusive club ? Men hunt too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to join your club. I hiked The Village Way trail on Wed. Worked out with my trainer on Thursday, hiked the Village Way again on Thursday evening, hiked Osler Bluff this morning and my ass is killing me. My eyebrows are killing me. Help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ouch! I hurt just thinking about all that...it's normal to be out of breath tying up your shoes, right?

    ReplyDelete

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.