Saturday, August 28, 2010

August 28, 2010- Dragon Disappeared

Don't come to my house today. Don't knock, don't call, don't deliver any packages or ask me for a cup of sugar; I'm not answering the door, the 'phone or any questions except those pertaining to Lisbeth Salander.

I'm now the proud owner of the paperback version of The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, third in Steig Larsson's Millenium series. I plan to read it cover to cover today.

It's been hard waiting for my mother to return from her latest European sojourn with the book, since the hardcover came out this side of the pond, months ago, and I could have read it several times by now. I've waited because I don't want to buy the hardcover just to have it sit next to the paperbacks of the first two books on my shelves. Yes, it might seem silly, but since I'm going to read this series, like, nine times, it seems to me the volumes might as well match. (note to smug e-reader people: please, I'm not ready!)

I don't have much time to spare before I dive into the book, but my quick advice to you, even if you don't like mysteries, horror or whatever genre you think the series everyone else on the planet is reading right now might be, is this: get over it.

These are awesome stories and I can't wait to find out how it all ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.