Monday, January 31, 2011

Awards Season

It's not just the time of year for the Golden Globes, Screen Actors Guild and the granddaddy of them all, the Oscars, although those are very fun. It's also time for our own awards, those of us toiling away in radio news.

For the first time ever, I've chosen and submitted some of the work from the past year on 97.7 The Beach to be considered for awards from the RTNDA, the Radio Television News Director's Association. I have been saving some of the better features that the reporters have done, and think we certainly are doing some excellent work. Is it award-worthy? We'll see if the judges think so.

Now, part of me feels like many awards-type things are a bit of a scam. There's an entry fee for each, and seriously, when was the last time you heard any newsroom described as anything other than, "Award Winning"?

But will I be so disparaging if the stuff my wonderful reporters have done, wins? Of course not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.