Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Monday

Well, I'm glad that's over with, and happily, there were no wardrobe malfunctions.

Now, I know there are people for whom the Superbowl, and American Football for that matter, are a big deal, and who wouldn't miss a Sunday parked in front of several games in a row. I just don't know any of them.

For me, and pretty much everyone I know, we're fans of the spectacle, but not of the game. The most commonly-asked question at the Superbowl party I attend each year is, "who's playing?"

We're interested in the food and the visiting, but the game is just the excuse to get together. There was a time several people at the gathering tried their hand at 'knowing things' about the game, but it seems they now realize it doesn't earn them any respect, so they've let it go.

Several people in the party I was at didn't even come in to the room with the big TV- they stayed at the buffet.

So, with Lea Michele and Christina Aguliera's vocal histrionics over, and the game won by... who was that again? we can now, get back to our regular sports programming.

Hurry hard, it's four weeks to the Brier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.