Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Four Days and a Question

Maybe you can help me with this one: why are there so many lovely, fabulous and amazing women with lousy men in their lives or no partner at all? Why do the lousy men have no problem finding a women to put up with them?

This is an eternal question for me, but was renewed this week after a chat with one of the kindest women I know. She has one of those smiles that's so genuine and real, when you're with her, you just know everything's going to be fine. She got married a few months after my sweetheart and I did, but sometime before Christmas, she left her husband, after being alternately ignored and belittled these last eight years. Tellingly, her family is not unhappy about the move, in spite of their deep and abiding belief that marriage really is supposed to be for better or worse; they're just glad she's not allowing herself to be treated like dirt any more.

But here's the thing: the guy, who wouldn't come to family functions, who was too busy to spend any time with his children, who spent much of their relationship telling his wife she was stupid and silly, already has a girlfriend.

He started dating four days after 'the talk' that led my friend to leave.

FOUR DAYS. That's all it took.

I fully expect my fabulous friend will remain single for some months, perhaps even years to come, while her soon to be former husband has already moved his new girlfriend and her child into the house, which he kept in the split.

How does this happen, and more importantly, where is the awesomely good guy my friend so richly deserves?

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.