Saturday, February 26, 2011

Moving into the 2000s

This little luddite is taking a big leap into the future this week.

I am now the proud owner of an itouch, after several technological hiccups along the way. I'm obviously not against technology, blogging after all, puts one firmly in the technological zeitgeist, doesn't it?

I'm just sort of a... buffet technophile. I listen to podcasts when I walk the dog, but I won't have cable or satellite. I was an early adopter of the cell phone, but just recently said goodbye to my 6-CD changer when it unexpectedly died.

So, here I am, waiting for the latest of my CDs to load into itunes, and wondering, where on earth did I get Maria Callas' arias, and is it really OK that they've been sitting next to Meryn Cadell all these years? (Of course I alphabetize-duh!)

I wonder whether having everything loaded (at this rate, sometime next year, I expect) will change my listening habits. Well, I guess it has already. After all, when was the last time I savoured the incomparable Callas?

The question is, when will be the next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.