Monday, March 12, 2012

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Well, they do say the only constant in life is change, and I'm discovering just how true that is.

This weekend was one of massive change for me. Friday, we held a farewell party for my morning show co-host at 97.7 FM The Beach. Kevin and his wife are now on their way to Yellowknife, where they will start a northern adventure and the next phase of their lives. They're young and clearly adventuresome, and I wish them the best.
I'm waiting while we decide who will replace Kevin. Whoever it is, I'm excited to get to know them and introduce them area.

While I'm told you shouldn't wish your life away, I'm really hoping this summer goes by quickly, as I suffer through the other big change in my life. Yesterday, my family went en masse to the airport in Toronto to see off my brother and his family and an enormous amount of baggage, as they departed for Australia. They're moving down under for at least two years as part of a big promotion for my sister in law. They're still mid-flight and we're already missing them pretty badly.

They'll be back for a visit over Christmas and my mom, husband and I are planning a trip to see them this time next year. But, wow, a year is a long time and Christmas is pretty far off. Those three kids are the only grandkids my mother is going to get, so it's especially tough on her.

Email and other technology are going to be helpful, but you can't brush the tangles out of a five year old's blonde locks on Skype, no matter how hard you try.

So, bring on the new guy, I need a distraction. and for the first time since I was a little kid, I'm paying attention to those calendars that say how many days until Christmas: 287.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.