Friday, March 16, 2012

Whither Al Gore?

Has anyone seen or heard from Al Gore lately? I'm thinking he must be having quite a laugh. He and those UN scientists.

Don't get me wrong, if this amazing spring weather is a sign of global climate change, sign me up, and keep digging those tar sands, boys; dig, baby dig!

Gore of course, won an Oscar for his movie about his speaking tour about the perils of too much carbon in our atmosphere and the dire consequences thereof. He said we were already in uncharted territory. Those climate change scientists won the Nobel prize for their work figuring out that big changes are on the way for us, climate wise. And here we are, heading into week two of basking in record temperatures.

Now, across much of eastern Europe, it's been the snowiest winter in a century or two, but that's what Gore was saying, too. Any ice up there in the north pole? No? Cool.

You know, if I knew climate change was going to be this awesome, I'd have bought an SUV. To keep it going, I've decided to do my laundry and run the dishwasher any old time I like. I'm not worried about flooding, not with no snow, and the mudslide that's affecting me is the one in my glass, on the back deck, in March, in flipflops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.