Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Better Man

It's important to get a periodic reminder of just how special and wonderful your life partner is and what key traits drew you to them.

I got that reminder last night when the 'phone rang and an old flame of mine was on the other end of the line. It was my Sweetie who picked up the 'phone, and the two of them had a great old chat before he handed it over to me.

Not only did the men talk, Old Flame was calling to plan a visit. The three of us will dine and drink together and I expect to have a grand time. We see him only about once every 18 months or so, but I think it's very telling that Sweetie is open to the relationship.

How many husbands do you know who would be willing to entertain their beloved's former beloved? I'd wager not very many. And Old Flame who's coming to see us isn't the only fellow from my past who remains a friend. This summer, another lovely guy I dated briefly came for a sleepover, too. We had been set up but the spark wasn't there and we became fast friends instead. Sweetie even helped with the design and creation of a quilt for Lovely and his gorgeous wife. Lovely and Gorgeous claim they were having trouble conceiving until they received the quilt. Three kids later, that quilt has been relegated to the spare room.

This is not to say every ex is welcome in our home, but Sweetie is rightly confident in my loyalty and knows there is no threat. He also believes there is no such thing as too many friends so as long as people are good people, why not be friendly?

That said, not even one of his former loves had better darken our door. He's clearly a better man than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.