Wednesday, August 1, 2012

...and the planning is easy...

One of the smartest strategies I have come up with in my domestic life is weekly menu planning. Saturday or Sunday afternoon, I ask my sweetheart about his dreams and desires when it comes to his dinner plate, then contemplate my own wishes and rifle through recipe books to come up with a grocery list and menu for the week. Fridays are taken care of since we have pizza from Mountain Shores every single week.

This planning is not only about efficiency at the grocery store and in the refrigerator; it's about my sanity. My alarm goes off each morning at 4:03. No matter how well my day goes at work, by the time I get home, I'm pretty much incapable of cogent thought, much less any kind of decision-making when it comes to meals. The list I make on the weekend takes all that pesky 'thinking' out of my routine.

As of this week, and until about September 5th, menu planning gets even more streamlined since it's full-on summer harvest time.

This week's menu:

Monday: Sweet corn, field tomatoes
Tuesday: Sweet corn, field tomatoes
Wednesday: Sweet corn, field tomatoes
Thursday: Sweet corn, field tomatoes
Friday: Pizza!

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.