Friday, August 24, 2012

Yellow Bellied

I may have finally done it. I may have gone too far in my love affair with yellow. I didn't think it was possible, but it appears to be.

When it comes to decorating, I find things pretty easy when it comes to colour.
Will the walls be yellow or green? That's pretty much it.

Keep in mind how much is room there is for variation when it comes to shades of yellow. The office, for example, is a bright yellow, whose name is Lemonade. The dining room and living room are a calmer hue whose name is Buttercream. The foyer and upstairs hall are Tea Rose, which is somewhere in between the other two, and the mud room and kitchen are in the bright and airy Firefly, flat and semigloss respectively. Of course they're Martha Stewart colours. Duh.

So, it's yellow flowing into yellow flowing into the next yellow and as I took down ancient blue striped wallpaper last winter, I began to wonder if perhaps I was going a little too yellow.

Now, I'm nearly sure I've taken it too far.

I put the first coat of paint on the 'back' stairs last night, turning them from a tawny brown I am sure was named Baby Poo to, you guessed it, yellow. Tea Rose to match the walls.

But somehow, it's looking like it might be the tipping point.

Sadly, I think I'm going to have to take the advice of a lisping minister and, (here it comes...) "Repaint, you thinner!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.