Monday, December 31, 2012

Year-End Clearout Continues

I'm so inspired by the cleanup of my files at work, I have decided to continue the cleanout at home.

Although work might suffer because of my enthusiasm.

In my lunch bag, ready for the return to the office, nine coffee mugs.

I have had trouble finding a mug at work in recent weeks, (well, a clean one, but that's a story for another day...) and went looking for a box of mugs I'd packed up long ago.

While trying not to see the translucent spiders who populate my basement, I was struck by several questions: What posessed me to keep these mugs in the first place?
Why do I have mugs from radio station parties in Toronto I didn't actually attend? When was I a guest speaker at a Rotary meeting? Who would ever give someone a mug declaring them the world's Number One dieter? If you were the number one dieter, what would you put in your mug, anyway?

You can rest assured if you're a guest on my radio show in the next while, I will offer you coffee or tea or water in a mug that's never been used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated cuz I hate trolls and sealions. And, this should really go without saying, but please think twice and be nice when commenting.